The following links are organized to help you learn more about Israel and the Middle East. Click on the headings below to jump to a specific group of links.
Human Rights Organizations
Israeli Government sources
We thank The Israel Project for providing us this information.
- Behind the News in Israel (http://www.israelbehindthenews.com/), Presents news items and analyses that are not seen in the standard mainstream electronic or print media. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CAMERA (www.camera.org), The Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America works to foster sound reporting, while educating news consumers about Middle East issues and the critical role of the media. (Contact)
- European Jewish Press (www.ejpress.org) The sole Jewish news and information agency in Europe. (Contact)
- EyeonthePost (http://www.eyeonthepost.org) A DC area media watch group which monitors the Washington Post's coverage of Israel.
- Honest Reporting (www.honestreporting.com), Promotes fair and balanced reporting of Israel in the international media. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Jewish Media Resources (www.jewishmediaresources.com), A media organization dedicated to furthering an understanding of Torah Judaism by working with foreign journalists stationed in Israel and with local journalists, providing access to leading figures within the Orthodox Jewish community in Israel. (Contact)
- MEMRI (www.memri.org), The Middle East Media Research Institute bridges the language gap which exists between the West and the Middle East, providing timely translations of Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends in the Middle East. (Contact: Memri@memri.org)
- Our Jerusalem (www.ourjerusalem.com), Today's top news stories from Jerusalem, Israel and the Jewish world. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ReVista de Medio Oriente (http://www.revistamo.org) Countering bias against Israel in the Spanish language media (Contact)
- The Media Line (http://www.themedialine.org/), Offers media organizations multi-faceted assistance in understanding Israel and the Middle East. (Contact: email@example.com)
- United Jerusalem (www.unitedjerusalem.com) Combating inaccuracies about Israel and fighting the bias in the media. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- About Israel (www.aboutisrael.co.il) Information about the many rich facets of Israel, the Israeli people and the Jewish nation worldwide. (Contact: email@example.com)
- ConceptWizard (www.conceptwizard.com/info.html), Visual information about the history of the Middle East conflict. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dhimmitude (www.dhimmitude.org), Explanation and description about the status of non-Muslims living in Muslim countries. (email@example.com)
- Golan Heights Information Server (www.golan.org.il), The website of the Golan Residents Committee, which contains cultural, political and statistical information on the Golan Heights. (Contact)
- Hebron (www.hebron.org.il), The official website of the Jewish Community in Hebron, West Bank. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Israel Ministry of Information (www.mfa.gov.il), Israel Govt. web site
- Israel-Arab Conflict FAQ (http://www.interall.co.il/israel-faq.html), Frequently asked questions about the Arab-Israeli conflict. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Jewish Virtual Library (www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org), An in-depth source for information on Jewish history, Israel, U.S.-Israel relations, the Holocaust, anti-Semitism and Judaism. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Judea Magazine (http://womeningreen.org/judea/), The history of Jewish life in Israel. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Middle East Facts (http://www.middleeastfacts.com/index.php), Information and facts about the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict and the current state of the region. (Contact)
- Middle East Regimes and Terrorism (http://www.middle-east-info.org/index.html), Aims to advance democracy, pluralism and mutual respect in the Middle East. Contains interactive maps of the region and comparative statistical information about Middle Eastern countries.
- Myths & Facts: A guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict (http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths/mftoc.html), A question and answer formatted guide the Arab-Israeli conflict. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Golan Heights (http://www.golan.co.il/borderen.htm), General information on the Golan Heights. (Contact: email@example.com)
- The Mufti and the Fuhrer (http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/muftihit.html), Explores the relationship between Haj Amin al-Husseini and Adolf Hitler. (Contact: Mgbard@aol.com)
- The Truth About Israel (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheTruthAboutIsrael/), Dedicated to informing people of key events and facts about Israel, current and historic, ignored by the major news agencies. (Contact: TheTruthAboutIsrael@yahoogroups.com)
- Hamoked - Center for the Defense of the Individual (http://www.hamoked.org.il/index_en.asp), An Israeli human rights organization whose main objective is to assist Palestinians whose rights are violated.
- Israel Law Center (http://www.israellawcenter.org), A Jewish legal rights institute based in Israel.
- JIMENA: Jews Indigenous to the Middle East & North Africa (http://www.jimena.org/), To advocate and educate about the history and plight of the Jews indigenous to the Middle East and North Africa. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NGO Monitor (http://www.ngo-monitor.org/), Promoting critical debate and accountability of human rights NGOs in the Arab- Israel conflict. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Ariel Center for Policy Research (http://www.acpr.org.il/), Incisive research and discussion of political and strategic issues concerning Israel and the Jewish people. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Articles by Daniel Pipes (www.danielpipes.org), The official website of Middle East commentator, Daniel Pipes. Contains his weblog, spoken materials, and extensive biographical materials. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Center for Security Policy (http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/), An organization promoting international peace through American strength. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dayan Center (www.dayan.org), The Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies seeks to contribute to the study and understanding of the modern history and current affairs of the Middle East and Africa.
- IRIS: Information Regarding Israel's Security (http://www.iris.org.il/), An independent organization dedicated to informing the public about the security needs of the State of Israel, especially vis-a-vis the current peace process.
- Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs (www.jcpa.org), An independent institute for policy research. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (http://www.jinsa.org/), Organized to educate the American public about the importance of an effective U.S. defense capability and to inform the American defense and foreign affairs community about the important role Israel can and does play in bolstering democratic interests in the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
- Middle East Forum (www.meforum.org), A think tank that works to define and promote American interests in the Middle East. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mideast Truth Cartoons (http://www.mideasttruth.com/cartoons.html), A collection of political cartoons about the Arab-Israeli conflict. (Contact: info@MidEastTruth.com)
- PBS Frontline: Battle for the Holyland (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/holy/), With Israelis and Palestinians in an escalating war, Frontline goes behind the lines and underground to reveal the tactics and strategies that led to the current violence.
- Political Cartoons (JR) (http://www.jr.co.il/humorpic/politics.htm), A collection of political cartoons about the situation in the Middle East. (contact: JRichman@jr.co.il)
- Stratfor Strategic Forecasting (www.stratfor.com), Tracks and analyzes intelligence to concise, fast-reading formats.
- Terrorism Research Center (www.terrorism.com) An independent institute dedicated to the research of terrorism, information warfare and security, critical infrastructure protection, homeland security, and other issues of low-intensity political violence and gray-area phenomena. (TRC@terrorism.com)
- The Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies (http://www.iasps.org/index.html), A Jerusalem-based think tank focused on "limited government."
- The Institute for National Security Studies (INSS) (http://www.inss.org.il/) An independent academic institute that studies key issues relating to Israel's national security and Middle East affairs. The Institute is non-partisan, independent, and autonomous in its fields of research and expressed opinions and is an external institute of Tel Aviv University
- The Intelligence & Terrorism Center at the Israel Intelligence Heritage & Commemoration Center (IICC) (http://www.terrorism-info.org.il), Focuses on issues concerning intelligence and terrorism (Contact: email@example.com )
- The Interdisciplinary Center (Counter-Terrorism) (www.ict.org.il), An Israeli research institute and think tank dedicated to developing innovative public policy solutions to international terrorism.
- The Israel Democracy Institute (http://en.idi.org.il/), An organization devoted to strengthening Israel's democratic institutions and providing a forum for politicians and government officials who are searching for independent, professional partners to examine various ideas and propose practical ways to implement them.
- The Jewish Political Chronicle (www.jewishpoliticalchronicle.org/), Brings vital information and insights to members of the U.S. Congress, the Knesset, concerned Americans and influential leaders around the world.
- Think Israel (www.think-israel.org), Features essays and commentaries that provide context for current events in Israel in order to make sense of what's going on in the region. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- True Peace (www.truepeace.org), Dedicated to educating the public regarding the current situation in Israel, based on Torah sources, with special emphasis on the opinion and teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe. (Contact: email@example.com)
- ADL Database of International Terrorism (http://www.adl.org/main_Terrorism/default.html), Breaking news and in-depth features on international terrorism. (Contact)
- Crisis or Challenge (http://www.crisis.org.il/), A guide to bereavement, stress and modern day terror. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dolphinarium Bombing Memorial (http://www.dolfindisko.com/), Biographies of victims and a memorial for the Tel-Aviv Nightclub bombing. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Kids for Kids (www.kidsforkids.net), A platform for Jews around the world to do tangible acts of kindness for Israeli children who have been affected by terrorism. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Memorial for Daniel Mandel (www.daniel-mandel.co.il), A memorial website for Lieutenant Daniel Manndel, a fallen Israeli soldier. (Contact: email@example.com)
- NATAL - Israel Center for Victims of Terror and War (http://www.natal.org.il/english/), An organization treating Israeli victims of terror and war, and is striving to bring the subject of trauma and its treatment to wide public awareness.
- Oklahoma Department of Libraries (http://www.odl.state.ok.us/usinfo/terrorism/911.htm), An annotated bibliography of government documents related to the threat of terrorism and the attacks of September 11, 2001.
- One Family Fund (http://www.onefamilytogether.org/), An organization that provides direct financial, legal, and emotional assistance to the victims of terrorism.
- Rotter (http://rotter.net/israel/), The effects of Palestinian terrorism in Israel. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org) Caution: This site contains very graphic images
- Terrorism Questions and Answers (http://cfr.org/), A non-partisan organization devoted to understanding and explaining terrorist activities to the public.
- We Should Not Forget (http://www.jr.co.il/terror/israel/index.html), Pictures of terrorism and its effects in Israel. (Contact: JRichman@jr.co.il)
- Campus Watch (http://www.campus-watch.org/), Monitors anti-Israel activity on university campuses. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Divestment Watch (http://www.divestmentwatch.com/), Leading the battle against the illegal divestment from Israel campaign. (Contact)
- Israel Academic Monitor (www.israel-academia-monitor.com), Aims to bring to light abuses of academic freedom. (Contact)
- Israel and Me (http://israelandme.blogspot.com), A blog by Benjamin Cox describing day to day experiences while living in Israel.
- Jerusalem Diaries (http://www.jerusalemdiaries.com), Journalist Judy Balint's official website, containing book reviews and an archive of her columns. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jew Point (http://www.jewpoint.blogspot.com), Blog based commentary on media & politics from a right of center Jewish point of view. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Smooth Stone (http://smoothstoneblog.net/), An information resource which professes, affirms, defends and furnishes facts about Israel's legitimacy. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Candidly Speaking from Jerusalem (http://www.wordfromjerusalem.com) , A comment blog by Isi Leibler
- Star of David (http://star-of-david.blogspot.com/), A blog dedicated to the Star of David
- Tal G. in Jerusalem (http://talg.blogspot.com/), An online journal of an American living in Israel.
- The Truth about Israel (http://israeltruth.blogspot.com/), A blog by an American born Israeli who served in the Israeli Defense Force. (Contact: Joel.email@example.com)
- JG, Caesarea (http://jgcaesarea.blogspot.com/)
- AIPAC (www.aipac.org), The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, America's largest pro-Israel lobby.
- Aish (http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/jewishsociety/54_Ways_You_Can_Help_Israel.asp), 54 ways to help Israel. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Americans for a Safe Israel (http://www.afsi.org/), Dedicated to protecting Israel's security.
- Freeman Center for Strategic Studies (www.freeman.org), Aids Israel in the quest to survive in a hostile world.
- Israel Fairs and Festivals (www.israelfairs.com), A joint project of three cousins with a love of Israel and an interest in helping Israelis deal with the economic consequences of the terrorist war being waged upon them. (Contact: email@example.com)
- NACPAC (http://www.nacpac.org/index4f4f.html?cat=94952), A Pro Israel National Action Committee. (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ohavei Eretz Yisrael (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OhaveiEretzYisrael/), Designed to unite and disseminate information among those who take a religious, nationalistic stand on Eretz Yisrael. (Contact: OhaveiEretzYisrael@yahoogroups.com)
- One Jerusalem (www.onejerusalem.org), An educational foundation striving to maintain Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel. (Contact: email@example.com)
- Rinat Yisrael's Israel Action Page (http://www.rinat.org/israel%20action.htm), A collection of resources to take action on behalf of Israel. (Contact: IAC.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stand With Us (www.standwithuscampus.com), A website that gives students the powerful materials that show the facts about what's really going on in the Middle East.
- Support Israel Mailing List (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Support_Israel/), A group to support Israel and its people. Members of all races and religions are welcome to participate. (Contact: Support_Israel@yahoogroups.com)
- TakeAPen.org ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Support_Israel/) is a Multilingual (18) Israel advocacy website and an International public letter-writing network, at http://www.takeapen.org
- The David Project (http://www.davidproject.org), Center for Jewish Leadership. A non-profit educational organization that promotes a fact-based understanding of the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Virtual PAC for Israel (www.vipac.org), Petitioning the US government for a policy that is more supportive of Israel's security, historical and Biblical claims in Judea, Samaria, Gaza, and the Golan Heights. (Contact: email@example.com)
- WUJS: Hasbara (http://www.wujs.org.il), The World Union of Jewish Students provides resources to advocate for the State of Israel.
- Zionism Is Not Racism (http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Zionism/Zionism_Is_Not_Racism.html), Explaining Zionism and refuting the claims that it is a form of racism. (Contact: Mgbard@aol.com)
- Zionist Organization of America (www.zoa.org), The oldest pro-Israel organization in America.
- United Coalition for Israel (http://unitycoalitionforisrael.org/uci_2014/)
Dr. Yechiel Shabi, Spokesman
- Foreign Affairs
Mark Regev, Spokesman
Office 2: 02-5303343
Yehoshua Mor-Yosef, Adviser
Office 2: 02-5303738
Office 3: 02-5303563
- Government Press Office: Jerusalem
Daniel Seaman, Director
Andy Luterman, English News Department
Ayelet Frish, Spokeswoman
Direct 2: 02-670-7223
Ron Ben-Yishai, Adviser
- Prime Minister's Office
Miri Eisin, Foreign Press Adviser
Asaf Shariv, Media Adviser
Office 2: 02-6705465
- Public Security
Yehoshua Baur, Spokesman
Office 2: 02-5308003
Office 3: 02-5308002
- Ra'anan Gissin, Foreign Press Adviser
- IDF Spokesperson's Office
Brig.-Gen. Avi Benayahu, Spokesman
Office 2: 03-569-0798
Hebrew News Department
Office 2: 02-5007519
Visiting Journalists Department
Dr. Fawaz Kamal, Arab Journalists Department
Elana Dayan, Photography Department
Danielle Harel Greenbaum, Administration