Advocates for Israel - Princeton
Princeton Advocates for Israel (PAFI) is a grassroots organization of 50 volunteer activists that was founded when we became aware of decreasing support for Israel in both Christian and Jewish communities. We meet every month or two to discuss Israel-related current affairs and plan events that strengthen pro-Israel advocacy and education in the Princeton area for Jews and non-Jews.
We believe the best way to counteract anti-Israel propaganda is to educate people on the facts and realities of the Middle East conflict. We have found JerusalemOnlineUniversity.com (JOU) to be a wonderful resource for educational programs that provide accurate information about Israel and the Jewish people.
In addition to JOU (www.jerusalemonlineuniversity.com), PAFI has partnered with numerous local and national organizations, including AIPAC (www.aipac.org), AJC (www.ajc.org), JNF (www.jnf.org), ITAI (www.itaionline.org), and CUFI (www.cufi.org), as well as area synagogues and churches.
New members from any religious, ethnic, and cultural background are always welcome. Let’s work together to ensure the future of Israel. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of our events:
- Sponsored Rabbi Ken Spiro’s lecture “A Nation that Dwells Alone” (May 2011)
- Presented JOU’s course, “Positive Psychology and Judaism” (Spring 2011)
- Organized the exclusive Princeton premiere of Iranium, a 60 minute documentary about the Iranian nuclear threat (February 2011)
- Presented JOU’s 8-week course, “Israel Inside/Out” as an interfaith Israel Advocacy course with 3 subject-matter expert guest speakers (Fall 2010)
- Meetings with guest speakers including Rabbi Eric M. Lankin of JNF; Rabbi Raphael Shore, founder of the Clarion Fund; Rabbi Jay M. Kornsgold of Beth El Synagogue; Joseph Puder of ITAI; and Rabbi Ken Spiro of Aish HaTorah.
- Presented "Step Up For Israel", a national grassroots campaign chaired by Professor Alan Dershowitz and former Ambassador Dore Gold and produced by JerusalemOnlineU.com (Fall 2011). Please see flyer for more information.
- Professor Eugene Kontorovich will speak on "International Lawfare, BDS, and the Delegitimization of Israel" on February 12, 2012. Click here for more information. View Flier
- Learn how to speak on Israel’s behalf by attending "Speak Up for Israel" with Professor Eugene Kontorovich at Beth El Synagogue on March 28, 2012. Click here for more information.